Submitted by eva on Thu, 2010-09-09 13:48
Products to be developed within the Soil Moisture CCI project:
Three ECV soil moisture products are envisaged
- A merged product created from all active data sets
- A merged product created from all passive data sets
- A product created from merged active and merged passive products
- Data standards will be defined in accordance to best practice resulting for CCI SM project participation in the ECV data standards working group. It is very likely that these standards will be based upon best community practice undertaken with the Climate Forecast community, (i.e. NetCDF CF best practice) and will support INSPIRE standards for access to and use of geospatial data within Europe.
- A set of metadata will be provided with the data products in accordance with the user requirements, product specifications and relevant metadata standard as promoted and accepted within the ECV data standards working group.
- A report detailing error-characteristics of each of the processing steps will be provided with the data.
- Licencing conditions will follow the principles of openness and transparency wherever applicable. All ECV data products resulting from the project will be freely accessible.
- No upcoming events available